Any new order resulting from a review of an EPO is called a Queen's Bench Order. The Protection Against Family Violence Act allows you to apply for protection directly from the Court of Queen's Bench. A protection order can be in force for up to one year and may be extended for further one-year periods.
In addition to the terms in an EPO, the Queen's Bench Protection Order can also include terms that:
- Require the abuser to reimburse you for any financial losses suffered as a result of family violence
- Allow the victim or abuser to temporarily possess specified personal property
- Instruct the victim or abuser not to deal with property in which they both have an interest
- Require the abuser to post a bond to ensure compliance
- Require any family members involved in the violence to receive counseling